Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Hello from Neepawa

Here I am at "hump day'. We are not overly busy at work, but what we have is garbage, and I have to figure out what they want us to do! Good news from both Keri & Kris..... Kris was selected to carry the Olympic torch on January 8 in Brandon. I entered, but I sure didn't get chosen! All he knows so far is 6pm on 1st Avenue. He will keep me posted. That is soooo exciting. I entered, but I sure didn't get chosen. Of course Sandi entered too, and had the same luck I did. Only 14 people were chosen from the Royal Bank website to carry the torch between Portage la Prairie and Brandon. Neepawa is a stop on that route. Coca Cola also had a contest, and each community got to select a couple of people that they thought deserved the honour. I think they only carry it about 300 metres. It is "trucked" between communities. Keri phoned last night to tell me that Ruth got her PhD. She is now "Doctor Ruth" (I am sure she is sick of that joke, but I couldn't resist) Okay, She is Dr. Hastle. I still think it is exciting.... we have a PhD in the family!! (or almost). Jim went for all his tests today. I don't think I mentioned it to you, Pati, but he blacked out a couple of weeks ago. It really scared me. I called his name and he just stared at me blankly and his arms were jerking. It only lasted a few seconds, but I was still upset. They seem to think it is his heart, but he had a heart ultrasound this fall (after his surgery) and it was okay. I guess we just wait now. They also sent him for the "poop" test, so he has had no beef, fruit, veggies etc for a week . I told him he could have whatever he wanted today, and he chose lazy cabbage rolls ( I was thinking steak, baked potato and salad.........) Oh well... I promised. He was going to paint the kitchen wall today, but they have him wired to heart monitor for 24 hours, and he felt very uncomfortable with it. I can understand that he didn't want to paint. He was afraid that it would move on him....I had a very clumsy day at work... I shut my finger in a file drawer, hit my knee on my desk.... tripped over the carpet ( the floor jumped up...honest!) and had a "seniors moment" (what was I doing when I walked over here??) I would look forward to the weekend, but Jim and I are working at the craft sale at 8am on Saturday. He is done at 10, but I work until 12. That means that he does the office by himself ( yippee!) The parade is on Saturday, too. We have a parade of lights in Neepawa now. It starts at 6pm, and all the entries have christmas lights on them. It is really neat to watch. I think that we are ignoring Christmas this year. No one is coming home. We will be at Chicken Delight again. Judy (Jim's ex) asked if we wanted to go in with her and Crash (her husband... everyone born in Neepawa has a nick name) on prepaid Visa cards for Tim and Mady... if we go together they get more money on the card. It is a good idea when they are so far away. I may do the same for Kris and Sandi..... I think Keri would maybe appreciate money or food more right now. She says that she used to post jobs on the internet, and January is the month that sooooo many jobs come open. I hope she gets a dream job. The timer went... suppper is ready

love ya

No comments:

Post a Comment