Sunday, May 30, 2010

Depression

seems to be the one thing we all share in this family! And we all know how many skin diseases are stress-induced! Will one week be enough to help you? Will you be able to get more if you need it? I can just envision you going back and them all sitting there saying "Don't worry, we didn't touch any of your work. We knew you would want us to save it all for you".

Now, what are you planning to do to take care of yourself? Is there anywhere in Neepawa where you can get pampered? This isn't a time to be trying to catch up on housework. A trick I've used is to write down a list of everything that is stressing me ( pissing me off, so to speak), then seeing if there is anything on the list that I can actually do anything about. It can be something small, but something you actually have control over and can change. Then do it. Sometimes exerting control over one small part of your life can help. The other trick Iuse is Morning Pages. This is a form of journalling where you write three full pages every day before you do anything else. Doesn't matter what you say. It doesn't have to even make sense. Just the physical act of writing something (entirely private-- burn the pages after if you want) can become a sort of "brain dump"that can help clarify things for you. I wish we were closer. I could lend you the book I got that idea from. It's "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron. Julia Cameron is a writer, but this book is directed at anyone who has a creative soul--and you have one, whether you believe it or not. I wonder if you might be able to get it from the library. Or maybe this is an excuse for me to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment