Monday, December 27, 2010

Be - Here I sit

with a Chai tea in hand, tree lights turned on and some Christmas music playing in the background. I know that Christmas has come and gone but it sets a nice mood for me still. I was just thinking that only four days ago (Thurs) I was sitting here in this same mood anxiously awaiting the arrival of Mike. It goes by so fast doesn't it? I just made a box of stove top stuffing and opened a tin of cranberry sauce so that I can enjoy a bit of the taste of Christmas as well ( boy, am I ever desperate!) I had very little of the real thing on Christmas Day and most of the leftovers went home with Harry's sister with a bit staying at Mothers. Harry's sister gave Mother a foot spa as a gift - you know the electric ones you put water into and plug in and have warm foot bath and massage. So you know who will be doing that, don't you? I set it up today and she got her feet done. I guess this will now become a weekly event along with her weekly bath. I helped her put all her gifts away - she has to decide where to put things and then know exactly where I put them.
Once I got back from Mothers, I tried to practice some violin but got caught up in cleaning up things here and putting Christmas stuff away, and stripping Mikes bed linen etc. It is easy to get distracted when you see so much to be done. I received a little hand held recording device as a gift - perfect for recording tunes that I am learning - the instructor will play it for me so that I can listen and practice each week. Up to now I was using an old cassette recorder I had. This little device looks like a large cigarette lighter and has so may applications for use I shall have to read the directions carefully. I am not really good at understanding this new technical stuff so wish me luck. Well, I am going to go and eat my stuffing and cranberries now ( Merry Christmas to me!)
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment