Monday, December 6, 2010

things move quickly

Saw my doctor in mid-November, and was referred to an eye surgeon. Saw him today and now have cataract surgery scheduled for the left eye on September 16 and the right eye three weeks later. They've also put me on their cancellation list, but it's a lengthy one. Having made the decision, I want it and I want it NOW, but not to be. He warned me that 1/1000 looses their eyesight, and that if there were any problems, they wouldn't do the second eye. Thinking of Phyllis and another fellow, who lost the vision in both eyes, reminds me of the truth in that statistic.

I've been trying some of the recipes, Cathy. I think we're getting a little tired of cheese and tomato but I'm trying another one tonight--just cheese this time. Funny that you're going for a larger crock pot and I tend to use my very small one more and more. I don't cook many roasts though. One of the recipes was for a Beef Stew Provencal, which was cooked in the crock pot and used sweet potatoes rather than white ones. It had zucchini in it as well. I made it with pork and I thought is was quite fine. David didn't like it, but then I think deep in his heart, he prefers plain cooking. That sort of thing is just so boring, when you're trying to plan a new meal every single day.

Tonight is my monthly Ravenesque meeting, this time out in Steinbach at Dianne's. I'm riding with a friend, as night driving is getting more and more difficult for me. We have to bring back one of Dianne's grids to use as a Santa backdrop at Amber's childrens' party for work, next Sunday. She uses the big white chair from our living room as the throne, and, if you remember, we painted blue fabric with snowflakes for the backdrop last year.

She has claimed a table and chair set from Darren's Dad's house. It sounds as thought it's in much better shape than her old set. An old girlfriend of Rodney's helped clean up the house and has clainmed some other pieces of furniture, and I think Darren is quite grateful to her for help and support over the past few months, even though she and Rodney hadn't lived together for a few years. They've been told that they have to drop the price on his house, before it will sell. Bad time of year to be trying to sell waterfront property in Netley, but Darren is anxious to get everything over and done with asap. There is a funeral home in the family, who took care of the cremation, and it sounds like they charged a good price for it. A neighbour has made a ridiculous low-ball offer for the house. How pitiful! The man was robbed when he was living and now they're robbing him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment