Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sort of glad it's over

Yesterday was a very strange day! I thoroughly enjoyed my class. woprked full out, came home and had a nap. Ate a couple of jujubes before lying down and my tummy didn't like them. We were early for our reservation at Ichi Ban, and went to the bar to wait-and wait-and wait--over an hour. There was obviously some sort of problem as the bar filled up and the lobby, but finally we were seated. I have to admit that by this time I was feeling a little frail, but attributed it to the glass of wine I had while waiting. The place was full, and very, very noisy. For some reason they were playing Christmas songs loud enough to be an annoyance, and of course, there were many holiday parties full of good cheer. If we hadn't already been seated, I think we would have chosen to leave. The food started to come and we both noticed the salt in everything--and more salt--and more salt. By the time the main course was cooked, I was worried about throwing up. We asked for the cheque before dessert and left. My digestion remained upset for the rest of the night. I had bought a sandwich on my way to class in the morning, and I'm suspicious about that. However, we both felt distressed about the atmosphere at Ichi Ban. Our first time there was almost 24 years ago, and until recently we have enjoyed it, but I don't know that we'll be going back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment