Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Musings from the "Poor House"

It's been one of those days. Sunday the toaster oven stopped working. Monday we bought a new one, brought it home and read all the instructions, even baked a batch of muffins in it. Tuesday morning it wouldn't stop making toast. That is, after the toast was cooked, it just kept on working--a real safety hazard in my opinion. The book had said that a bell would ring and the oven turn off. So back to WalMart and after much discussion, bought a new toaster oven. Working fine so far. Tonight at supper time, the microwave just stopped working. ( I had been suspicious a couple of weeks ago, but today was the day) So, off to Wal-Mart again and buy a new microwave. Brought it home, plugged it in and set the clock. Digital numbers are screwed up. Tried to boil water. Nothing works. So tomorrow it's back to Wal-Mart. The only reason we shop there is because they have such a good return policy. I wonder why?

Now, we were broke for this month a week ago--and today's only the first. Thank Goodness for plastic money.

Tried to make Daddy's shortbread today, and used my nifty shortbread mould. Wouldn't cook. Finally took it out of the oven after an hour, and rolled the rest of the dough into balls to press with a fork. And today was the last painting class. And I've been working so hard on my latest sewing project that last evening my wrists said "no more", and I'm barely half done.

Tried Nanaimo Bar Ice cream. Nice custard-y flavour, nice bits of chocolate, but the damn stuff is full of coconut!

So that's my "pity party" for today. I hope your day went better than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment