Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Memories for sure....

I viewed the video also, but really couldn't make out too much. It is a bit spooky because it hasn't been a week since I was talking about Ronalds Shoe Store. I cannot remember how it came up in conversation, but Iwas telling Harry about how we would all make the yearly trek up to the Store for new shoes. And you are right Cathy it was just in time for school to start and we all could go with nice new shoes. I often wonder how Dad could afford it but I shall always remember how he made me feel so wonderful when Ronald would bring a selection to look at and I could try on whatever I liked. You wonder if Ronald didn't know exactly what Dad wanted him to show us. The other store you mentioned was a Hardware / clothing store and I can still picture the owners - a nice couple and she had arthritis in her hands. And don't forget the Pharmacy on the corner of Osborne and Morley. The sanitary pad boxes were wrapped in plain brown paper. There was a little "antique" store just between the Hardware and the Pharmacy and Mom and I went in and I bought a rocking chair there and had it in my bedroom at home - when I got married and left, Dad and Harry took it apart to fit into the car. I used that rocking chair for both Willie and Michael and still have it here. I guess we could go on and on couldn't we ?? It feels good to mention these memories - what I can't recollect, one of you can!
I had a wonderful day today. I went to North Bay on my own - the violin instructor requested a change in day from the usual Tuesday, to Wed for this week and next to accommodate a conflict in her schedule. So even though we went shopping there yesterday, I went back again today. I was able to buy some Christmas gifts, and even went over to Mikes and he put a pot of coffee on and we had a real nice chat. I splurged and bought three china dinner plates with a Christmas motif. I have always envied you Patty in having a "set" of Christmas china to put out each year. So when we were in Value Village yesterday, I spotted these three matching plates and decided I could use them when Mike comes for Christmas - each plate was 99 cents!!
Well, to Mothers tomorrow again so better sign off for now. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment