Monday, December 20, 2010

Surprize!

Last evening we had carollers! I haven't seen that in years. David answered the door, called me, and then retreated into the living room. There were quite a few of them lined up down our sidewalk and into the driveway. It looked like someone was standing beside the house taking pictures, so I have to wonder if we were the first house they had come to. They sang "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" and then one girl stepped forward and handed me a paper plate full of dainties!!? They were from the church across the street. I have to guess that it was a youth group as most of them were younger. If you remember, I had told you how the neighbourhood was annoyed at the Church for putting up a huge illuminated sign at the corner of Munroe. (November 1st the brightness of the sign was cut down--we think in response to complaints--and for the past couple of weeks it hasen't been illuminated at all.) Now I'm wondering if this carolling was an attempt to repair the relationship. This church has always tried to maintain a good ties with the local community.

Amber and the girls were over for supper yesterday. She has a problem in that she has to go into the offfice every day during January, as she has accepted the temporary Team Leader position, and she has no suitable clothes to wear! We looked through my closet, but Silly Mom wears colours other than black, and too-casual old lady clothes. However, I pointed out that a simple black t-shirt and pants can be dressed up quite nicely with a coloured jacket and necklace, so she may borrow a couple of my jackets.

My head has been screwed on wrong for the past few weeks. I was thinking that Christmas Day was Sunday, and had planned everything with that in mind. Now I have to re-organize my schedule--busy that it is. Dang!

No comments:

Post a Comment