Friday, December 3, 2010

Be - pitty partys abound.....

I just logged on now and read your message re: Darren's Father. Not unexpected but nevertheless upsetting for all. It will be a great help to Amber for you to care for Jessica and Samantha. Likely you will go to Lorette? so safe driving.
I had the pleasure of a "sleep over" at Mothers Wed night. Just after 7 pm Harry got a call from his sister to say Mom had just double dosed with her sleeping pills and someone should go to stay and monitor her. She told Harry Mom would need to be checked for breathing and should be wakened every two hours anyway. So......away I went into snow squalls and zero visibility driving conditions. I won't get into particulars about how I seem to always be the "go to" person. But I gave myself a great pitty party all night as I sat up and listened to her snoring all night. Of greatest importance to me is that she will not kick the bucket, or otherwise injure hersef while on my watch!
Yesterday afternoon I finally heard back from the Doctor - sure enough my samples showed Campylobacter bacteria infection. Not 30 min later the Public Health Unit called me for a detailed assessment. It is a "reportable infection" which I knew, but didn't know how follow up would occur. Could you detail your entire diet menu? Questions such as "What did you have for breakfast three weeks ago?" Then I had to hear about Preventative measures such as taking the temperatures of all meats you cook, and about washing my hands. I am still not back to normal, but you can be sure that unless I am dying, I will not seek further medical attention on this.
So back to housework here at home. Trying to get gifts wrapped, and get some decorations ie the tree up. Mike will be coming here again for a few nights, and to come to Grandmas for Christmas dinner Dec 25. I always enjoy him - he will bring some movies and I like just relaxing and talking with him. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment