Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Everything at once

It seems all the special days happen all at once for you Pati, but Merry Christmas, Happy Anniversay, Happy New Year, and last but not least, Happy Birthday to Dave. Our Christmas was busy, but quiet. Sandi ended up getting sick on Christmas Day. She was at Chicken Delight, leaning on the counter and getting paler and paler. Kris took her home (our home) and she curled up on the couch with the dog. She swears the dog never told her that she wasn't allowed up on the couch! Kris came back and worked his heart out. He was serving meals, picking up old ladies that the HandiVan forgot, cutting meat and doing dishes. He even made up a plate to take home to Sandi. She didn't eat it, but Kris enjoyed the pie. By the time the day was over I thing we served about 80 people again. Next year the poster will say that dinner is from 3 to 5. There was no end time on it this year and people were arriving after 5. We didn't run out of food, though. Jim had 16 deliveries this year, but he had a volunteer driver with a 4 wheel drive truck. Of course, the weather was great this year and he wouldn't have gotten stuck, but he didn't mind being chauffered around. My feet were really sore by the time we got home. I was on them pretty steady from 2 to 6:30. I tried to sit down to eat, but people kept coming in so I ate in stages. Nothing hot by the time I got to it, but I did get a stuffing ball this year! We did the office yesterday so today is a day of doing nothing. Jim has offered to make supper. (stir Fry) so I am relaxing. I will have to start learning my lines for the play though. The first rehearsal is on Monday and we aren't allowed our books. My problem is I keep finding other books to read. Could be interesting. Saturday is the Levy at the Legion. Northern meats donated a 14 lb ham, so Jim and I will be slicing that up Saturday morning. Jim's friend Stef (from Minnedosa) is going to the Levy with us and spending the night. It will be good for Jim to have someone around to visit with. I am sooo looking forward to not going to work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment