Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Only in Winnipeg....

Time to go out yesterday morning. I had on my undershirt and a t-shirt, and thought " It's only December, I shouldn't put on a sweater under my parka, or I'll have no way of keeping warm when winter comes and it's really cold". Then I thought--the wind chill is minus39--it's not going to get much colder thatn that--and if it does I'll stay home. So off I went in my brown trousers, lime green parka covered in blue paint, navy blue gloves, red scarf and purple purse--the Red Hat Ladies have nothing on me!!

Went to a pizza party and art critique at the local artists' group last night. Interesting. I ended up sitting with the instructor from the silk painting class, and her parents. We actually had a good talk and I learned a lot about the group. Time well spent from that perspective. I think the fellow who had put together the critique session had expected more out of it. He had compiled a slide show of retrospective work of three highly respected artists, and had --in the notice that went out--invited discussion about the pieces as they were shown. However, we were all seated in three rows in front of a 50" screen, so discussion might have been possible with your neighbour, but certainly not with the group.

Today, my "Tuesday Night Stitchers, that Formerly met on Wednesday, and now meet Tuesday Afternoon", are going out for lunch. We all dress up and have a wonderful time.

Tomorrow is a quilt guild meeting, and Dianne is coming in to the city for a couple of quick business meetings and then over here for supper, before we go to the meeting. Last time she did this, my car refused to work, so Dianne drove both me and the lady who usually rides with me to the meeting. Hope we have better luck this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment