Monday, December 6, 2010

Be - let it snow, let it blow

Wow - looking out the window all you see is white - blowing snow all around. I went out after supper to shovel in attempt to keep up and clear a bit before a snow plough comes by and leaves a pile in the driveway. I just took the dog out now and the walk and cars are covered again . It must really be winter? A mad rush over the weekend to get the Christmas decorations out of boxes and arranged all around. I just put the finishing touches on the tree and it looks very nice. It isn't hard to realize that we have animals -especially a little mischievous kitten. The bottom branches of the tree look very bare compared to the top half which is laden with lights and ornaments. From past experience it is too tempting for some fun and play to knock all the balls off the tree. Last year the kitten tried to climb the tree- I would see movement and there would be two little eyes peeking at me from halfway up the tree. I hope he has grown up a bit since then but I'm not counting on it. Already the two cats have been chasing each other around the base. As I do every year I bought another red bird to go on the tree and join the other mostly feather red birds. I look for something unusual and this year have a ceramic ornament which I quite like. I need to enjoy all the little amusements I can in my life haha.
At Mothers today Harry put up her tree and decorations while I did her bath, and a wash and her pills, and made lunch. She says she doesn't want anything to do with Christmas and don't put the tree up etc. So we wrapped up a gift for her and put little written hints in big letters all on the outside. Now she has something to look at and try to guess what is in the box from the descriptive hints. This will keep her amused for awhile.
The best news is that I have Daddy's clock working again! When I came back from my trip I had to start it (no one had kept the weights pulled up) But for some reason the hands were frozen in place at 6:25. So for all this time I thought it was broken and so never bothered to really play around with it until yesterday. I moved the hands backwards anticlockwise about one complete revolution and heard a click and suddenly when I went forward clockwise again, the hands were free and moved past the 6:25 spot. It is so wonderful to be hearing the chimes sound again and to look at it and see the right time. Again, a small amusement that means so much to me.
Well, I better get to bed - tomorrow it is the trip to North Bay. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment