Monday, December 6, 2010

I was sorry to hear about Darren's Dad. I know you were expecting it, but it is still a stressful time. And speaking of stress, it sounds like things are tough sledding for you again Beth. Remember we are here for you and a phone call lets you say everything you want without offending anyone! Nothing is happening here, as usual. We went to meat draw of Friday (actually, Jim went to meat draw and I cleaned the office, but I was there before the draw) Hardly anyone was there. I guess they were Christmas shopping. With no one there you would think we would win something, but noooo. One of the men working was a double winner!! We bought a 7 qt crock pot on the weekend, but I couldn't seem to get it to go on low. My stew was boiling and cooked in under 6 hours. Jim was going to fiddle with it today and see if he could figure it out, before we resort to taking it back. I wanted a big crock pot since ours is only about 3.5 qts and we can't even fit a roast in it. We also went to the wine store for a new kit, and Bill had an apple cider kit there for 1/2 price. He saw me looking at it and told me to take it. It had been in the store for a while. He even gave me new yeast for it. If it doesn't work we are only out sugar and time and if it does work we have to give him a bottle or two. Pretty good deal. I really have to get some housework done soon. Even I am noticing things. Especially the animal hair on everything. They are nice to have around, but all 3 shed!!!! Things have slowed down a bit at work which is good, because the mines and mineral searches have really taken off. We started a reference data base, but we just don't have time to update it. Oh well, keeps me busy. I'm almost scared to say anything, but I don't have any meetings this week. I wonder what I have forgotten? Time to go back to work (darn)

No comments:

Post a Comment