Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cookies and Cuban Music

Have been trying to make cookies. I found an old recipe, but I don't think it was one from home, rather one from when my children were small. You have a basic refridgerator dough, and then make variations. One of my favourites is pinwheel cookies, and that's what I was trying. First batch was overcooked--tasted burnt, although it didn't look it. Nothing to kill the appetite like burnt chocolate. The next batch I tried cutting a little thicker and cooking for a minutes less. Well, they cooked for the regular time and still taste slightly raw. Now, I used to be a good cook. So what's the problem? Well, I figure that Someone is trying to tell me that I don't need any more cookies.

Spent some time today cleaning and sorting in the basement. Tackled the drawer in the entertainment centre that holds the VHS tapes, as we had no idea what might be in there. We found some Disney tapes, a Peter, Paul and Mary concert, part of the Lord of the Rings, and an episode of Dog the Bounty Hunter--go figure. Couldn't find my "Sweatin' to the Oldies", which is about the only one I would choose to keep. Also took a look at my CD's, and found two that I had been given and never listened to. One is the Bueno Vista Social Club and the other is Ruben Gonzales. Both of them turned out to be the most delightful Cuban jazz. David enjoys jazz aas well, so these are both sure to become part of our music mix.

Today was also Amber's work children's Christmas Party, and she is on the committee. So a man came and took my white chair fromt he livingromm, for Sant's throne, and my gids as well as Dianne's. Brought them back exactly as promised. Other than that it was a typically slow day in the Findlay house.

No comments:

Post a Comment