Thursday, September 1, 2011

Rain!


It finally rained last night. Lots of thunder and lightening but on a scant 1/4 inch of rain. Still, it's a 1/4 more than we have had in a couple of months. Jim finally had his operation yesterday. It was originally scheduled for last May! Everything went fine and he was released before 4pm. It was just a small hernia this time, unlike the last one. He didn't sleep well last night. With the storm, the cat was in the house (read our bed) and kept trying to lie on Jim, The thunder brought Nika upstairs for comfort and she sat beside Jim. We have another funeral today. It will be a big one. They are holding the celebration of life at the Legion, and they are going to try to fix the sound system up so that it will broadcast in the clubroom for the overflow. I will go home at 1pm and bring Jim in. The funeral is at 2, so he'll either have to sit st the back for an hour before it starts and go downstairs and be stuck there. I was going to take a late lunch and go, but if I have to pick up Jim I will not be able to do that. I will see what I can arrange, but I don't think I would get any thing out of sitting in the club room listening. I am taking another Lemon Cake for the lunch. People seem to like the Lemon Cake because there is never any left over. At least my cake pan gets washed that way.We have tomatoes ready to go, so Rrain will be making Salsa this weekend. I will make tomato sauce next week with the next batch. We never did get many cucumbers. Just enough to pick and eat. I do have someone that wants some zuchini so I will take some today. Rrain bought a bunch of tea when she was in Winnipeg. This morning I am drinking Bourban Vanilla. It is very good. Today I am grateful for the good things that happen, even if they seem small at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment