Sunday, October 16, 2011

Holidays are over....

... time to go back to work for a rest. I think the closest I came to a vacation day was last Friday when I skipped meat draw and stayed home. I tried to suck Pati into taking some beets and carrots but I think she was on to me. As a result I have got 16 bags of beets in the freezer and we had some for supper. I put Auntie Lorrain's sauce on them. Yummy! I still have the carrots to do, but the garden is completly empty now. Jim is hoping to get some of the leaves tilled in to give the sandy soil some body. Rrain had a good time at her conference in Winkler. She met some nice people and made some good contacts for work. She came home excited. Except for the part where she did something to her neck and is currently living on T3's. She brought home some cinnamon buns too. My mind wonders back to food over and over. That must explain my size. We are having an inches challenge at work now. We are recording our cumulative loss of inches from now until March. I have a feeling that after this week I will be starting all over again. I think it is just a scam 'cause Patty & James are planning to get married and Patty wants to look good in her wedding dress. They don't have a date set, so I guess the challenge will go on until she is happy. Rrain says she will be crashing early tonight, but I think I might beat her. After digging up the garden and then processing the beets and cooking supper and cleaning everything up, I am sore and tired. One good thing about beets is that you DO clean up right away and don't leave anything until the next day. Tomorrow when I get up for work :( the kitchen will be clean. Today I am grateful that I got to see Pati, even though it was a whirlwind trip. It is nice to have that phyisical touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment