Saturday, October 29, 2011

Now I can breathe!

Just got home from delivering my three pieces to the gallery in Selkirk for their month-long exhibition.  I will be volunteering in the gallery on three separate days during that time and there will be a reception November 13th in the afternoon--should anyone be available.  Now, I have no more deadlines until April, amd it's the time of year to hunker down and find busy work.  The next step is to sit down and make up a list of the next few commitments I have.  Luckily the commitment part is in my head and not on paper.

 Having said all of that, I've poked my head up and started looking around the house.  OMG!  So vacuuming, and freezing pies is in my immediate future.  Having bought poultry with Cathy's help, we stocked up on beef and pork this weekend.  Not a lot, as I'm not supposed to have a lot  (any?) of it, but every once in awhile I get that craving.  The price is certainly right this year, and I have to wonder why that is.  A lot of beef producers had to cull their herds with all of the flooding last srpring, and it's obvous that there isn't much hay around.  Always the little guy that suffers, isn't it?

We are blessed with nice weather.  I was communicating with a lady in North Carolina today and she said that the weather forecast for her area was for snow this weekend.  Never happened this early before on records.  So, of course, I had to tellher about the beautiful fall weather we're having here.  Someone will get me for that!

David had a cancerous growth removed form his nose last Wednesday.  It was supposed to be minor surgery, but he looks like he's been beaten!  A lot of bruising, and swelling,, and there are about 8 ugly, black stitches.  His face is too sore to shave, so I was out shopping with a pretty scruffy bugger today.

But we have food, ( freezers and pantry are full)  and shelter ( Hydro was in and changed the gas meter on Friday), and High Definition tv, so we are ready for winter--and for that I am grateful but broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment