Monday, October 10, 2011

I'm Back!!!

Finally my computer has let me back into the blog. It just wouldn't load it for the last couple of days, and then no problem today. It sounds like the two of you have been busy. We had the high winds here for a couple of days. Our lawn chairs blew around the yard, but since most of our fall clean up is done there was little else to damage. You are obviously the big winners in the lottery this week. I had high hopes when I heard the 50 million went to Ontario, but I guess it wasn't you, Beth. We had company for dinner last night. Rodney & Kristy came over and we had Turkey, and potato casserole, and carrots, and beans, and stufffing, and gravy and salad and buns and, of course pumpkin pie and whipped cream (it was more like spanked cream though, because I got tired before it was really stiff) Kristy took a care package home to Tyler. He was lying on the couch and decided to stay there, Jim said we should have sent him a lettuce sandwich. Today is Rrains birthday and she has asked for Chinese. Jim checked and the restaurant is open for supper so we will be ordering take out. None of us want to go to the restaurant where we have to behave ourselves and can't wear our pajama pants with the elastic waist! :) I have the week off work and I am so looking forward to it. I was going to stay home the whole week, but tomorrow we take Chace to the vet's to be neutered, and Wednesday we are getting a meat order in, and Thursday Jim wants to go to Brandon to look for running boards for the truck and suddenly it is Friday. Rrain is going to a conference in Winkler from Thursday night til Sunday so the house will seem very empty without her. I hope she has a good time. I think she will enjoy it because it is a showcase of artists and performers and I think she will like a number of the people she meets there. I was going to go, and I think if I hadn't already had holidays booked I might have taken a couple of extra days and gone but I just want to stay home for the week.Chace has taken to eating shoes. Both Rrain and I have had to throw away a pair. We have tried hitting him with the shoes but I am not sure he gets the idea. I said we should show him a shoe and call him bad before we take him to the vets. Maybe he will conect the two in his tiny little mind. I know he is just a dog, but I was so used to Chi's intelligence that I find Chace kind of slow. He has really come around in the last couple of weeks. He spent the first few weeks here with his tale between his legs, cowering at everything and whining. Now his tale wags and he runs around and even barks at the coyotes. He still cowers at sudden moves towards him, but we have had Nika for 10 years and she still cowers sometimes. You have to wonder what was done to them before you met them. JIm is up and dressed now, so I guess he wants me to get busy and start cleaning the kitchen. (actually, he usually cleans up while I am at work. I guess he figures this is his holiday too.) Today I am grateful for all sorts of things. For family and friends, for the opportunity to rescue pets and give them a few years of happiness, for a truck that eats gas, but is so much more dependable on rough roads and just for being alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment