Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Home again

A really wonderful weekend.  I saw the tallest, oldest willow trees!  Unbelievable!  Right behind our meeting room and my living area was a salmon creek with tiny (!!?) Kokanee slamon trying to swim up stream over rocks and many barriers.  I spent  a lot of time watching them, even walked down to where the creek fed into the lake, where there was a grey heron enjoying his supper.  There were three different bridges that we could watch from.These are "land-locked" salmon, and never get bigger than about 10 inches.

Three different groups of us spent a couple of hours visiting three different wineries for tastings. Great fun, and, yes, I bought some wine--drank it too! ( It was the fall Okanogan Wine Festival weekend)  Ate carmelized onions with wild boar bacon and goat cheese. I told David that I would like to try carmelizing onions and--low and behold--there was a recipe in today's paper for them.   I saw some of the best fibrework in the country, and have been inspired to make more.

But I was glad to be home.  This week is going to be wild., but I'll try to post agian this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment