Thursday, October 13, 2011

Not a great day

Started with a very poor night's sleep.  Had planned to spend the day working on my piece for the gallery show at the end of the month, but then spent 2 hours trying to figure out why the machine was giving me grief.  Decided it was the timing as I had accidently sewn over a pin yesterday while trying to demonstrate to the two students I had.  So I called and arranged to take the beast in for servicing.  I had bought some very expensive thread that had been highly recommended and sewing with it had turned into a disaster.  I had contacted the company over the internet and had no reply so decided to take back all of the unopened thread for refund, and then stop to buy some paint for my class on the same trip.  Dropped the machine off, but likely won't get it back until next week.  Okay, I've still got the old Pfaff as a back-up.  Took the thread back, and refused to be intimidated by the dragon who manages the shop, and got a refund on my credit card.  Hit the paint store but they only had 2 of the 10 colours I need.  No wonder they offer the deal of buy 5 and get a big tube of white free ( regular $20)!

When we got home there was a reply from the thread company offering some realistic suggestions.  But I was exhausted and had a nap.  So now I've spent about an hour trying to get the Pfaff going, and discoverd that I have a problem with the thread I normally use! so I've given up for the evening,but I'm probably too tired still to play poker!

So today I'm grateful that I own a back-up machine--even if I haven't quite got it operating yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment