Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thinking of you and your finger

What I love is your very interesting "adventures" Patty – now, I know that we all have adventures, but you seem to be able to find yourself in some real dilemmas and describe them so well. I'm sorry for your compromised situation especially to teach a course on Saturday. Good luck to you, and please keep us informed. My days seem to be the same old, same old stuff – greenhouses, and covering at night, and taking off in the morning and for the last week shovelling piles of snow. Again this morning after a night of wind and storm. My worst fear was that the power would go out and then what would I do with the greenhouse but luck was with me. Today, after shovelling the driveway and cleaning off the cars, I decided to have a day of fun. I planned in my head to make a small article and in order to do this I needed to find my fabric and notions, and clean up the sewing machine area (ie find the sewing machine under the junk!) I was able to cut the fabric pieces and got everything ready to sew but haven't actually started that yet – hopefully tomorrow will be more productive. But it is amazing how doing a small activity such as this, changes one's mood so dramatically. I can really see how you get so much satisfaction Patty in working in your studio. Harry got a call from the real estate lady this morning to say that the house in Sprucedale was being shown today so I am keeping my fingers crossed – wouldn't it be nice if it would sell fast – hope he will hear back from her with positive results? I ordered more cheques from the bank for one of the accounts and they arrived in mail today but were for the other account and I was charged almost 45.00. So I walked over to the bank to try to rectify expecting a hard time (it is a bank afterall!)  Much to my surprise, I was received well, and the whole situation managed nicely with result of me keeping the wrong cheques (which I can use), having the charges reversed, and cheques for the account I wanted ordered without charge. Sometimes, things working out well make you feel really good! Harry won tickets on the radio for us to attend the Tommy Hunter show live in North Bay on March 13 – OK you might say, but this will be an outing and I am looking forward to going. It is his last tour before retiring – I think he is in his eighties? We saw him live in Sundridge many years ago and watched the TV show regularly. I finished another novel last night and think I'll take a break for now – I start a book and can't seem to leave it until finished although I only read a bit each night before lights out. I went into the Coles book store the other day while in North Bay and saw that Clive Cussler has a new novel out but I am being very good and not buying new books anymore – library or used cheap books are what I depend on now. speaking of lights out – I better sign off and head to bed. Have a good weekend everyone, and I wish you well on Sat Patty! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment