Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Creativity

Who was your teacher, Cathy?  I have an acquaintance, Linda Glowacki, who teaches this, but I know there are others.  My wrists just won't allow me to do needle felting by hand, so I stick to my little machine.  Your report spurred my creativity and I've produced three backgrounds to do some surface work on.  I wish I could do the dimensional work.  The little animals are so cute, and such a hit as gifts. 

I have never made sausages, and never want to.  The one time I was tempted was after eating a "Mealy Jimmie" at the Scottish Pavilion at Folklorama.  It is basically our Scottish Oatmeal Dressing put into a large sausage  caseing and baked.  But I have a fantastic recipe for a caserole using sausage meat, wild and white rice and French's deep fried onions.  It has always been a family favourite, but one I haven't made in awhile.

Yesterday we went to Lee Valley to buy another package of four stacking containers for beads.  I knew that I would need a few for the beads I had in the box so ended up buying 12 of them.  Yep, you guessed it--all gone. Then late this afternoon, I discovered yet another shoe box full of beads!  I've ordered some fabric from the store in Plumas, and David didn't want to pay shipping, so we've arranged for him to go and pick it up when we come up on March 3rd.  So it looks like he'll be coming with me.that day as well as on Feb 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment