Saturday, June 2, 2012

Exciting Lives

Boy you two lead exciting lives.  I went to work and then to the Legion!  I whined and begged Jim for 2 days to skip meat draw and come home. He did and bbq'd us some steak!  Of course we finished supper early, so I drove him back to the Legion in time for meat draw.  I guess it was worth it, because we won on our tickets.  (Frozen hamburger patties... Yippie) Debbie Ginther phoned last night.  I had been trying to reach her for her Birthday, but everytime I called she was out.  We talked for quite a while.  Her daughter has finally decided on Education so she has 2 more years to go.  Debbie says there is a drug house across the street from her.... A drug house!! On Maplewood!!  I am going to do another run through on the house this weekend.  My meeting is next weekend.  I hope I have enough beds, as I am not sure yet who is coming for the night!  It will be an all day meeting.  We hope to discuss a lot of future strategy.  It should go well.   Unless the dogs eat all the papers!  We ahd quite a storm yesterday afternoon, but it moved on by about 4:30.  This morning is sunny and warm.  I hope it continues. Maybe my garden will start to grow.  It looks really sad right now with nothing but some bedding plants.  Jim put the tomatoes and peppers out on Thursday, but he didn't put them into paper cups.  We will have to watch for cut worms.  We already seem to have lost a couple.  It is moist enough that the sand won't blow.  When it is dry and windy the sand will actually cut off the stems of small plants.  Today Jim is talking about going to a second hand store in Minnedosa (and I thought I didn't lead an exciting life)  Everyone that has been there raves about the prices and quality.  It might be worth a shot.  I hope next week is quieter at work.  With people away and month end it was crazy this week.  Or maybe it was the full moon coming.  I used to have lots of time for month end because the bank statement didn't come for a week or so.  Now they access it on line in Winnipeg and forward it to us.  I had it by 9 am yesterday.    I also have another 6 plans to process, that I haven't even opened yet.  I usually try to check the expiry date, but I just haven't had time.  I will do that on Monday.  Keri is going to Winnipeg today.  She must be looking forward to it, because she is up already and she doesn't get up this early on work days.  I hope she has fun.  It must be boring here for her.   Time to go and harass Jim.  Have a great weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment