Thursday, June 7, 2012

A long week so far and it's only Thursday

This is the first time I have been able to even log on in the last few days, so glad to have a moment and connect again. Hope in contrast that your week has been going better, but then we all have these times, don't we? We had a few plumbing problems in the basement and it has taken us a few days to rectify - finally this afternoon we have it repaired and I have water again. Of course, all this work is done by the two of us and thank goodness Harry was able to do the actual pipe repair work with his pain and limited mobility with his shoulder still. I managed to tear down two walls and a portion of the ceiling in the downstairs bathroom in order to expose the problem - I shall take my time before restoring the insulation, vapour barrier, and drywall and painting- probably after my summer trip. In between all this, we have been minding the yard and garden not only here at home but also at his Mother's place. And also three trips to North Bay - Monday afternoon to pick up a "free" portable dishwasher for Mike advertised on Kijiji, the usual Tuesday shopping day, and then back on Wednesday to buy some garden ornaments, and hanging basket stands at a place also advertised on Kijiji.  I think that I shall have a good sleep tonight because I am exhausted, and my anxiety level about the plumbing is somewhat diminished. I am reading a very interesting book right now and I think Patty you might have mentioned reference to a similar one in a  conversation we had recently? This is called Knights of the Black and White - Book One of the Templar Trilogy by Jack Whyte. It is terribly long and requires attentiveness when reading but there is something about historical novels that catches my interest. The neighbour next door spoke to us this afternoon over the fence and commented on the fact that I had been caught by the two of them cutting his boulevard ditch grass a few weeks ago, This was a random act of kindness on my part and thought it would go unnoticed. He also mentioned that he hoped I would keep doing it! He uses a riding lawnmower and is practically blind and obviously cannot cut down into the ditch on the machine. So tonight before supper, I cut our grass which was getting very long, and then quickly did his again but this time a bit more diligently because I am sure they were peeking out of the window watching. Great fun! Well, bed is calling to me and my shot of Galliano is finished - all of it into my stomach this time and not all over the computer haha Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment