Saturday, June 30, 2012

Food buying

Admire your ability to do a big shopping and stick with it for the month. Here, it tends to be by gosh and by golly week by week and sometimes day by day. It was ever so, so not likely to change.
The other day as I was still feeling a bit oozy with stomach upset, I got a craving for greasy french fries - I hadn't eaten for a awhile so succumbed to the urge - Harry stopped at the chip stand in South River on our way back from Mike's with the last load of his stuff. The fries satisfied me for the immediate need but rolled around in there for sometime after. Probably not a good choice!! But all in all, as it is right now, I am starting to feel more myself again. I knew it would only take time to get the stomach to bounce back and hopefully behave itself for my trip!!
I just pulled off the Lotto Max number but haven't checked my ticket yet. I could be sitting here and actually be the big winner of $50 million - do you think???
Tonight the Village is having the fire works and celebration for Canada Day -actually all day in town there are events to attend. Usually do not participate but I am thinking seriously about going to the waterfront to watch the fireworks. We can see the colourful big ones in the sky from our front window and hear all the pops,pops etc but it may be nice to see them all and hear all the ohhhs and ahhhs from the spectators.Time will tell.
In the meantime, I have a few things listed on my "list" for today so I better get at it. Harry has gone to garage sales and then to his Mothers place to water and pick peas, so I have a few hours to do my own household chores. Take care - enjoy your long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment