Friday, June 15, 2012

Tight rope walk

Anyone watching the tight rope walk over Niagara Falls tonight? There is much hype and every news report for the last week has had an episode about the walk and now on both TV channels will be the highlights starting at 8 pm and then the walk broadcast live at 10:20 pm. I hope to be in bed but Harry seems insistent on watching so that may be the actual outcome for me as well. I would just as soon hear tomorrow how well he did and how he has made history by successfully completing the walk rather than watching every foot step he takes for 45 minutes! But maybe that's just me??
Much yard work yesterday and today ending today with trimming and tieing up the grape vines that are prolific this year. Strange as it may seem, I get a sense of accomplishment every time I work in the garden and yard but likely because that is really all I do accomplish!
Oh, but I forget to tell you - this old gal has been out on her bike two days in a row and plan to keep it up if I can every morning. What a rush to be going hell bent for leather down a decline in the road with the wind in the face masking the look of total fear overwhelming me - what if I fell??? The brakes squeak when I depress the handle mechanism and I don't know how to lubricate them - can't put oil on the tire as then the brake may not function, right?
Another thing I did today was to bring out the weed wacker I bought last year in order to trim around the yard and not have to pull out the grassy edges by hand. I found the instruction book and labouriously read and implemented every step and managed to start it without trouble and actually trim around after having cut the grass. I think I'm so smart...haha
Enough rambling... time to take the dog for her last outing in the yard and head to bed. Hope you have a good weekend - Happy Father's Day to those most directly deserving... lets me out! Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment