Monday, June 18, 2012

Had some fun today

Today I spent some time organizing jewelry for my trip - I know, a big waste of precious time which could be better spent doing something else right? No, it was time well spent by me - I had fun deciding what pieces of jewelry I would bring thinking about bringing as little as possible, but also thinking about what I might need to wear with what outfit. The other day I actually got out my suitcases, and put some clothes into each of them with a list of what planned events I would need to dress up for and what I should plan to wear - is that another groan I hear from you folks ?? haha I guess you can tell that I am getting a bit excited!
Could be a heat wave here this week according to weather reports with temps feeling around 40 degrees some days with huminex included - but also a few thunderstorms and hopefully rain with that - badly need rain for the gardens. Yesterday Harry BBQ'd pork chops for supper and in the middle of that a rain storm hit so out I was with umbrellas to help cover him and the BBQ and then quickly in to run the sump pump. Both of us were up at different times during the night to keep the pump running as it rained off and on most of the night.
Ontario may have a snap election July 19 because it is a minority Liberal government now after the election last October, and the opposition party ( NDP) is not "playing nice" in voting for the proposed budget on the table right now. I will have to go to an advanced poll if that is the case as I would hate to miss out on voting because I am out of province.
The white peonie is now flowering and what a glorious sight to see - it is very special and I have been babying it along with water and fertilizer all spring. My two roses made it through the winter and now in flower - one red and one white which pleases me to no end. I am glad no one is walking around the yard with me as I stop and talk to all the flowers and tell them how beautiful they are - the irises were in full bloom but I notice this morning that last nights rain trampled them down a bit. Maybe I am going crazy talking to the flowers???, or perhaps, maybe it is my pep talks that make them flower so wonderfully! Enough silliness for now.....Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment