Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hello to you , too!

Sometimes these gaps in communication start to worry you but no fear - I am still here, albeit a bit running on empty. Trying to "gas up" as I write. Harry has gone to his Mother's alone this morning, while I do some housework. I actually have the washer and dryer working even though it is peak hydro time. I just try to ignore this and get the work done. To schedule work for after 7 pm often is a struggle for me as I have usually just completed a 8 or 10 hour day already haha! Mike's new landlord had a fire inspector come to the house and Mike can no longer have the use of the basement as storage. If the space is used in this manner, the landlord must install a sprinkler system down there at great expense - as it is he has to dry wall the ceiling to put a barrier between the basement and Mik'es apt. So yesterday we made two trips to North Bay and down to Sundridge to store some of his stuff in our unit here in Sundridge - not a permanent plan but it will help in the short term. mike is busy at work 7 - 4 pm so we decided to help him out. we hav another trip to finish up but will wait until Thursday for that. Monday I went to the Bridal Shower at the "Moose" in Norht Bay and had a really good time. It was very pleasant and a real treat to get out and socialize a bit - I knew a few of the others but quickly able to social as the games and fun began. So it was like a shower that I imagined from the past only held in a little alcove as part of this restaurant. We were alone essentially and a waitress was assigned and kept everyone with cold drinks ( I had iced tea and others had pop - very few actually had a liquor drink) we ordered apps and then a meal and at the end we were  all given our individual bills - very organized for the restaurant to do this. We had cake as well but I believe the two gals giving the shower had this done. And there were gifts for prizes to games, and then each of us got a little glass filled with blue candies as a thank you. The wedding colours are blue and white. She opened her gifts and was happy with my gift - so again Thanks for the idea. Thanks also for your update Patty - now we have all experienced the dreaded colonoscopy, and glad it sounds more or less positive for you. Well, I must vacuum now and go check the wash. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment