Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Help me please- Bridal shower gift

I have been invited to a Bridal shower for the bride- to- be of Mike's best friend - the Wedding is July 14 just before I leave as I have mentioned before to you.
Please send some suggestions - what do you give to Brides nowadays - in our times it was a china cup and saucer ( remember???) and I have no idea what is appropriate in todays time. I also do not know her very well, nor for that matter probably no one else who will be at the shower. Also the venue for the shower may dictate a certain kind of gift, perhaps, as it is to be at "The Moose" at 5 pm "The Moose" is a rather rawdy kind of bar/restaurant in downtown North Bay - Harry and I have been there with Mike. I was wondering about a gift certificate to a facial / manicure/pedicure place in North Bay. Mike has told me that the couple are hoping people will give them money for a wedding gift as they want to buy a house. This was after Harry and I went to Sears and bought a gift from her registry there. Is it appropriate to give a bride money in a card for a gift at a shower?
Please help if you can as the shower is next Monday June 25. Apparently nowadays you don't get  much notice either as it appeared in an e-mail via Harry this afternoon.
Thanks - and take care

No comments:

Post a Comment