Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday, and I survived the week...

All the company has left.  Only 3 people spent the night.  All 3 thought about leaving, but we just opened another bottle of wine and that ended that.  It was a good meeting and I think we got a lot done.  Now I just have to write reports for the Newsletter, the Annual Report and the ACTFest report.  Some things never end.  I think I will do nothing at all today.  Okay, I guess dishes have to be done and stuff like that, but that is all.  I'm almost afraid to say anything, but I have committments until next Friday.  Rrain and I are taking money at the BBQ at the Legion.  It's ShopEasy's annual bbq in support of the Legion.  They supply the food and do the cooking.   Jim just took me to the garden to check on some paw prints.  It was either a very big coyote or a small bear.  I an not sure!  I have no idea how the town meeting went.  We were only there for about 10 minutes.  They asked only one question and Rrain had the answer.  She was watching them as I spoke and says a couple were interested.  A few were on their lap tops and one looked really bored.  I sure hope we get something. A few days after the meeting, some of the board members were talking and we decided that the worst case scenario we re-negotiate our mortgage (Yes we would pay a penalty) and get a larger line of credit.  Not the best solution, but it would keep us open. Jim and I gave up our room last night and slept on the hide-a-bed in the rec room.  Not the most comfortable bed in the world, and the dog kept jumping up to see what we were doing there.  Then a large pack of coyotes came through and the dogs went wild.  Fortunately (???) the coyotes woke up everyone before the dogs barked.  I would have felt guilty if the dogs woke them up.  This way it was a bit of an "adventure" for them to have coyotes that close.  I have a sink full of dishes on the go and the dishwasher is full.  Time for reality.  Right now I am grateful for a week without meetings

No comments:

Post a Comment