Friday, May 31, 2013

And so..........

It has not been a good week so I write now with hopes that I shall put the past behind me, and look forward to the future. I gave up giving you updates on my car - it has been into the garage two times more since my last report. I picked it up yesterday and drove it today and low and behold it functioned OK. So I have my fingers crossed that maybe, just maybe things will be better. Yard work and the usual "goings on"  have kept me busy and incommunicato with you and this blog but again, maybe things will be better? I have read some posting though, and I can never get enough of your adventures Patty. Of course, I had to try to visualize the streets and the routes and had a bit of fun with that. When you mentioned Dad's little short cut I had a big smile on my face as I remember that well. I used to look so forwrad to the trips to his workplace. Just ended my water pumping at the front window - lots of rain and thunder storms with warnings all over the area but this little storm came and went fairly quickly over the supper time - hope it stays that way over night as I am really tired and don't want to be up manning the post all night haha.I just rememberred to plug in my EReader to charge the battery. I get so involved in the story that I forget to check the battery status and noticed last night as I turned it off that the battery icon was almost at its lowest. If I am to do some more reading before bed tonight I have to put some energy into it.Wednesday is Armed Forces Day in North Bay and of course, we want to go up and also Mike is working at it so it is always nice to see him. The snowbirds will be performing and that would be great to see as well.  But Wednesday evening is the retirement party I wanted to attend way down the highway in Bracebridge, so I am thinking that there will likely be a bit of a conflict and a quandry for me, and wonder at what will prevail. Harry is giving tomatoe plants away - he put an ad on Kijiji and got lots of responses so out the boxes go. We still have ample to plant in our yard though even with giving to his brother, and brother in law, and the people in Sprucedale. Also, on Thursday we went up to North Bay and rototilled a garden and planted tomatoes and pepper plants for this elderly man. We went to his 90th Brithday party back in March, and Harry promised we would do a garden for him. Last year I took up several plants on my own but didn't have to do up a garden for him. He lives with his daughter but they all work, and so we helped him out this year. Anyway, that 's life for now.. as Lloyd Robertson always ended his news with "And that's the kind of day its been" - well, that's the kind of week its been around here haha  Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment