Tuesday, July 2, 2013

So how is the holiday girl ??

Assuming Cathy that you are relaxing under the umbrella and reading a lot? Regardless, it is a nice feeling to know you can sleep in each morning, right?  Are you really thinking of not having the swimming pool next year?
Not much new here....I mentioned the situpon ( the little gazebo thing we have in our garden) that we were cleaning out and refreshing with a new coat of paint.  I got it all sanded down ready to paint when discovered one of the supporting beams - a six foot long 4X4 was rotting. So a few trips to the hardware store and a few hours of hard labour, and a few words, and it has now been repaired satisfactorily. It is now painted and sits proud as can be. I have already taken my usual  morning coffee sitting in it once and intend to do so many more times. Tomorrow we are off early to pick strawberries. Most of my days are spent working in the yard as there is so much work to be done. I haven't even been out on my bike lately. I bought the next book in the series by Steve Berry off of KOBO the other day but will keep it on hand until I  have finished the real book I am reading just now. I say real because it is there in your hand and you can turn pages and feels good. I love the e reader but I also love to feel a book book ! Hard to think that it is July already, and before long we shall ask where was the summer - so I make sure I enjoy every day by walking to the lake and soaking in all the niceness of it! Harry went garage saleing on Saturday and brought home a box full of old magazines pertaining to quilting. Some are really old (1983 ish) and few really recent but I am gradually looking through them. I mostly just turn the pages and think of all the fine projects I would like to do, but realize will never be accomplished. But it is fun to look! Quite a change from todays "modern quilting" methods that was highlighted in the recent Canadian Quilter magazine I just got a week or two ago. Anyway, time for bed. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment