Monday, July 29, 2013

Golfing in the rain......

I guess that is sort of like singing in the rain, but it is a lot wetter.  We entered the Touchwood Park Fun tournament today.  It was the 19th annual and the very first time it ever rained..... and rained... and rained.  We made 10 holes (of 18) and I was literally soaked to the bone.  Some teams made the 18 holes but I was too cold to even think of it.  They drew names for prizes and we won lawn chairs.  The price tag on them was 42.99, but there was no way in the world that I would have paid that much.  They are still really nice lawn chairs.  We got a truck load of gravel on Sunday (it was free) but after loading it and unloading it and then golfing I am pretty sore right now.  I also have bruises everywhere.  I am not sure how they happened, but since I bruise so easily it is not surprising after all the work we did.  We have had over an inch of rain already and it is still coming down.  You would have been so proud of me...... I actually took a complete change of clothes with me today, just in case it rained..... including underwear,  Unfortunately I was changing in the bathroom at the golf course and before I could change my panties there was a line up for the toilets.  I had a damp butt all evening, but the rest of me was dry.  I knew I was a brownie for a reason.... be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment