Monday, July 29, 2013

Quite an eventful start to my day

I decided to lay in bed this morning for awhile. I am usually up about 5 ish each morning - take the dog out and have a coffee. Then the day just drifts by in slow increments until it's time for bed again! So I slumbered until just about 6 30 am. I made a nice big bowl of Bran flakes covered with fresh blueberries and while carrying the bowl and my coffee to the front room, my hand slipped and the bowl tipped over splashing mushy bran flakes and blueberries all over the pantry and cupboard and onto the floor and under the cupboard and in general made for a messy mess! So I turned this mishap into  a positive by reminding myself that I had intended on cleaning under these cabinets this week as things had fallen behind them, and there was an accumulation of wads of dust etc etc. But I did not necessarily want to be pushed into the job as apparently my accident made it so. haha OK that's alright but then taking the dog for her walk we only got as far as the highway when she started to retch and vomit. Oh dear what is wrong now I said as I turned back towards home. My morning was not going as planned and I could only imagine what the rest of the day would bring forth. As it turned out I got half the cleaning completed but happy to get that much done. You always feel so much better just knowing something has been cleaned or organized, right? Then I had to make some kuchen for Harry and I went downtown to get the mail and return my library book and buy some birthday cards, and buy some candies for Harry and of course some licorice allsorts for me......I finished the book The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry last night. I enjoyed the story that you recommended Patty and it was very thought provoking for sure. Then because I wasn't read out yet, I turned to the ereader and The Coocoo Calling.  I will probably get right into it tonight again. We bought more blueberries Sunday - two more baskets right from the farm - actually drove down to the bushes as the owners were out picking there. He said he went to the Market in North Bay on Saturday and took 100 baskets and sold 91 of them. The profit can't be that great though when you think of the tending and then having to pick by hand from the bushes. The bushes mature at 8 years and are good for another 50 years he said. These bushes are 6 years old but the berries are huge and very very good to taste. We froze one basket and are eating at the other ( this is after having already consumed one big basket and another smaller one already)  We have had rain last night and then sporadically today so no watering needed tonight. Yeah! Harry won tickets off the radio station to attend a drive in movie in North Bay Aug 4 - they set up a blow up screen in the parking lot at the College (its the fourth year to do this) The Movie is ET which I have seen many times years ago but hey, it may be fun??? We asked Mike if he would like to come but he politely declined. He told me that the movie scared him when he was a kid. I never knew that! Time to close up for another day - and wonder what tomorrow will bring. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment