Friday, July 26, 2013

Hello out there.....

I'm on the air with news about my week  haha! (to be sung something like Stomping Tom Connors Hockey Night -if you are in the mood!!)
Not really news - nothing much new here unless you like to hear about my gardening and yard work?. I haven't driven our new car yet as Harry has done it all but I should get a chance next Wed as I am to join some friends for lunch in Huntsville. I bought a new blouse (at Recycled Resources of course) so I shall have something nice to wear. My friend Sue is always dressed meticulously and presents very nicely with jewelry and matching bags and shoes and always a dragonfly brooch.
We drove through Callander just south of North Bay the other day to view the extensive damage from the storms last week. Trees down everywhere and houses damaged and boarded up where trees had fallen on them. A lovely park on the main street called Memory Tree Gardens has no trees left - every one was blown down and with the cleanup mostly done, only stumps left - huge trees some of them. What a loss. My friend Cheryl in Petawawa sent pictures of their backyard with the neighbours large tree covering their pool and patio and with the gazebo totally wrecked. I guess we were lucky not to get hit quite so bad.
I headed down to the lake after supper to take the dog for her usual walk - halfway down the street I glanced at my Tshirt to realize I had it on inside out. So I casually walked around and headed back home. I felt like I might be looked upon as a demented old lady out walking the streets with cloths asunder. Is life getting so bad that one actually puts on a Tshirt not realizing it is inside out? or perhaps, is it that one doesn't care anymore? Something to think about I guess.
At least I have been able to get out on my bike the last few days. It really feels so good once you get going but there are few places for me to ride except to the lottery store. I need a Tim Hortons here in Sundridge!
Well, enough foolery. Hope your weekend will be pleasant for all of you...Next week Patty you go the Lake and I shall be thinking of you, and hoping it will go well with the Real Estate agent. It is a tough decision to make about finally putting it on the market, but hoping also that it goes smoothly (and quickly perhaps) enjoy your time there over the long weekend. I always feel as if I am there with you haha Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment