Saturday, June 7, 2014

Aren't these little pleasures wonderful....

..although only 8 am as I write this note, I have already spent several hours indulging in little events that bring  a smile to my face and set the stage for a great day. Scooby and I were down to the lake just after 6 am - couldn't sleep so got up early. Beautiful and peaceful. A couple I haven't seen for awhile drove up with their boat in tow so I had a wee conversation while they prepared the boat for a trip onto the Lake.(some folks lead different lives haha) Then when I came home, I lit a fire in the fire stove and proceeded to cut up all the kindling and larger pieces of tree branches that have fallen in the yard. This netted a large garbage can and large box of kindling and sticks for my summer fires. I have enough from the ground to keep me going - no need to buy wood. So I was energized for the day. Harry left early for garage sales. I have some laundry and then yard work planned. Now, having said that, I decided to sit down with a coffee to write this note. Put a load into the washing machine, and then prepared the Keurig machine. Pressed the button and walked away. Half way through the dripping process I glanced over to realize I had NOT put the mug under the hole. But all was not lost, as I poured the freshly brewed coffee from the drip tray into my mug!! I won't let anything disturb my stellar day haha
So back to this stellar day, and I wish you folks a similar day and weekend. Take care ( and be sure to put your mug under the coffee spout!)

No comments:

Post a Comment