Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Election here in Ontario June 12

Last night I sat and watched the Election Leaders Debate on TV. 90 minutes of back and forth and I was left 'wanting' . The local area Member of Provincial Parliament is a good person and I will likely vote for him even though I do not necessarily care for  his Party or Leader.
My finger is getting better with my close attention to ensure it heals. I have left the dressing off over night and I think this is helping but during day with all the work being done, it must be covered. I spent some time this morning in the basement to try to organize ( yet again) all the preserves and empty jars. I realize that sooner than later we will likely be starting to harvest and I need to have things "at the ready" I am still trying to use preserves from years past- seems too much to use up over one winter so they tend to accumulate. I didn't remember doing down so much tomato juice last Fall but can't seem to get to the end even with drinking every day haha
It turned colder yesterday and today - needed a jacket to take Scooby for her walks. We did get torrential rains last two days, and the eaves at the back of the house behaved much better than before we worked on them last week, but the front still spills over, so I was pumping again. But when it rains, you don't have to water the garden, so there is good and bad aspects to it all.
Banana muffins were made this morning because of ripened bananas in the dish - I really wanted to use more rhubarb but had to go with the need rather than the want! Maybe tomorrow I can do some rhubarb. Have you folks been making any rhubarb dishes?
We are getting ready to take more items to the Auction in Midland next week. I called our friend in Coldwater to arrange to visit - she surprised me by saying she is moving to Ingersol near London, On at the end of the month. Her son called her to say he had found an apt that would be perfect for her - she is getting more and more physically dependent now so to move closer to family may be wise. At least we will see her one more time before her move. It is too far to even think about visiting her in South Western Ontario.
Well, enough rambling on about nothing so time for bed. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment