Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Strawberries

We were in the fields at 8 am yesterday to be the first people to start the annual picking. Beckers Berry Patch opened yesterday and so of course we were there haha  We got 6 baskets within 30 minutes and were on our way home quickly  Today I have to do something with them.  I did take two baskets with me to North Bay as I had to go up yesterday - one for each of the boys. Harry stayed home and worked in yard.  Today is rainy so I should be able to clean, freeze, and make jam which is my goal,  I bought mini angel food cakes to make strawberry shortcake dessert for us. I really like the taste and much better than those little cakes with indents in them I have bought previously- they always tend to be dry and tasteless.
So my day is set, and I guess I should get on with it. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment