Saturday, June 14, 2014

Weekend is here

Saturday morning early and I have a wash on already, and with a fresh coffee in front of me, I shall write a few words. Another dull, coldish, rainy morning but it is supposed to clear up. Harry has headed out for garage sales but I can't imagine too many outdoor ones this morning?
Yesterday we went to North Bay to celebrate Mike's Birthday- it's actually on Sunday but schedules allowed us to see him yesterday instead, which is just fine. Apparently on Sunday Erin is planning to cook a special dinner for him. She is a good cook, so I expect they shall have a happy time together.
The Ontario Election results were a big surprise so we are now in for four years of a majority Liberal government. Time will tell.....
The garden is jumping ahead by leaps with this rainy weather so now we have to get out and do the weeding and tieing up of tomatoes etc. Busy times.
I spoke with my friend in Petawawa this week -they just returned from a world cruise - away over four months around the world. She has  many wonderful stories to share and suggested we get together over the summer. We could meet halfway, but harry says why not just make a day of it and drive to their place. We have made so many days trips to Petawawa when we used to drive Mike back and forth so it is not that really far. Wonder if we will go?
Time to start more housework. I have ripe banana(again) so looked through some cookbooks for something different- plan a no cook bar thing - may be horrible but I'll try. Still have so much rhubarb to use. Made a Rhubarb Lattice Pie for Mike - his favourite for Birthday time haha
Take Care

No comments:

Post a Comment