Saturday, June 14, 2014

cold and rain here too

Not a nice day at all, and more scheduled for tomorrow.  At times the rain is quite heavy and there is thunder.  Not the sudden, shake-the-house thunder, but rather steady rolling thunder.  It's cold enough that we've gone back to winter clothing--fleecy jackets and vests in the house, and we're talking about turning the heat back on for the evening, especially at bath time.  So we are pretty well hunkered down watching reality shows on tv.  These are mainly home renovation shows, so our next step is to win a lottery and try out these strategies on our house.  We figure we can get what we want for under $200,000. I guess you are never too old to dream.

Saw the Physio yesterday, and he has given me a new exercise, but I couldn't find the equipment in the house to do it. So this morning David brought in two half height cinder blocks to use as a step. They seem just about perfect, and I did the exercise, but the left leg is certainly objecting.

The basement is starting to look like a hoard searching for a home.  My brain is saying that I need to re-organize the space to accommodate my "stuff".  Since we moved in, I've tried to limit my " stuff" to one end of the area, but now I realize that I have actually started to take over the whole space. Surprisingly, it is mainly the painting stuff that needs to be sorted and organized.  My problem is that I know that when I start tidying and re-organizing, it is usually because I'm procrastinating about something else, so I have to sort that out in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment