Monday, June 2, 2014

And apparently it is Monday already.....

...and here I am. One day seems to blend into the next when you getup, work outside, and go to bed, and then get up and ...repeat same agenda! haha
I got stung on my finger by a hornet or a wasp on Friday afternoon and put After Bite on it and kept working with only some discomfort felt for the most part.. But early Sat morning it started to itch really bad in bed, and when I got up the finger and surrounding area was beginning to swell up with blisters forming in the immediate sting area and turning red. But off to North Bay as we had a Birthday party for Erin (Mike's lady). During the course of the day it got progressively worse and there was some thought about going to ER? But I persevered and went to bed with hot compresses applied and antibiotic ointment and elevation etc. My plan was to assess Sunday and if worse go to ER but on Sunday, I thought it was the same. Bigger blisters had formed and the skin was dark red in colour and the swelling was up to my wrist (I know what you folks are thinking - I should have had it seen, right?) Long story short... I have cared for it with warm saline soaks, and cream and bandages and it is getting better.I am curious though about why the local reaction did not occur almost immediately but instead, started the next day? It remains a local reaction though - although severe- and no systemic signs or symptoms have occurred. Hasn't stopped me from yard work though haha
I love reading about all your adventures Pati. and then view your art pieces and wonder how you ever do it all? The Purple piece is wonderful and I had a really good closeup view of how you attached the cabochon and I actually was able to understand from my limited exposure to the beading process. This made me feel good! And have you had any success with your selling of china? I think of the set of china I have sitting in my china cabinet that has never been used for well over 20 years - but I don't think mine is as fine a name or as well known as yours so probably no one would want to buy mine. But then maybe one day I might actually have cause to use it myself?
I have only had one bike ride so far this year - managed to haul it out from under the winter tarp, and oil the chain, and pump the tires and rode off to the store, and that was it... it sits in the yard yet waiting patiently for another outing. And, I made my teepee fire setup with paper and kindling in the little fire box outside and there it sits waiting to be lit! I had great ambitious ideas, but alas, none have come to fruition.- yet!!
Time for bed....Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment