Tuesday, June 3, 2014

china

No, we are having very little success.  Amber spoke to an antique store owner who offered $5.00 per physical piece-- think $10 for a salt shaker and plug --probably a better re-sale potential for the plug!  Comes to less than $400.00 for the entire set. She wanted no part of the Royal Doulton. I think we may be "beating a dead horse'--the market just isn't there.  I spoke to a lady last night who thinks the market may return at some time in the future. (???) When we were talking she told me that one company has now gained the rights to every "Name" in the industry, which may be why Amber found both the Royal Albert and Royal Doulton on the same web site. This is very discouraging, as we had hoped to raise some money--not to mention getting it out of my garage.  I also remember a few years ago that Antique Lady in Neepawa offered to try to sell it for me.  We supplied information, but never heard from her again, so this may not be a new problem.

On a happier note, I called the shop yesterday, where my good sewing machine has been residing for over two months.  The part we have been waiting for left Toronto yesterday, and may arrive as early as today.  Evidently there are a few machines waiting for this parts delivery, and they will be attended to first. so my machine maybe home this week.  I sure hope it works when it arrives.  When she told me I started crying.  Not at all the reaction I would have expected within myself!  Once David realized what was happening, he laughed at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment