Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Today's adventure

For today, the ladies in Pinawa, had planned another creative mixed media session.  My, friend, Gail, had offered to drive and came to pick me up about 7:50.  She told me that she had slept poorly, and this had resulted in a muscled spasm in her neck.  During the drive out, she obviously had trouble with things like shoulder checks, and during the day this appeared to be getting worse. About 3:30, I suggested we head for home, and she asked if maybe David could pick my up at her house in Landmark, so that she wouldn't have to drive through the city.  So, with the support of the other ladies, I asked her if she really felt she was okay to drive, and would it be safer if I drove us home.  She didn't even pretend to argue.  Now, David had neither her address, nor her cell phone number, so I called him at home, and suggested that he drive out to meet us, and we agreed on a route.  Well, Gail's car has a standard transmission.  While I know we all learned to drive with a standard, I don't think I have driven one in 20 years or more.  So the other ladies, (mainly my friend, Vivian, who is also scheduled for knee replacement surgery) helped pack Gail's car, including two folding tables, and off we go.  A strange car with an unusual shifting pattern, but we did okay.  I only stalled it twice between Pinawa and Hwy # 12, west of Beausejour.  Just as we were turning onto Hwy #44 at Beausejour, not one, but two red Chryslers went by in the opposite direction, and we were so worried that one of them had been David, but we convinced ourselves that it was too soon, and that we both expected to meet him on Hwy # 12.  Sure enough we met him shortly after turning onto #12.  So he took over Gail's car and I followed behind in ours--with its wonderful automatic transmission.  Yes, we safely made ti to Landmark, and as a reward discovered that gas was 8 cents a litre cheaper in Lorette, than in the city, so we filled up.  Saved almost $2.00!

No comments:

Post a Comment