Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The "royal " we have been busy

After sorting out the basement over the weekend, David and Jeremy have spent the last  two days trying to sort out the yard.  We have been battling a problem with the grass, where big patches of it are dying.  The fellow from the company that does the weed spraying and fertilization for us, told David that there were two ways to approach it.  We could add some soil and seed more grass, or we could dig it out and add soil and then sod.  Last year David went the add soil and seed route, but the areas were back this year and bigger, so it was time to dig it out and re-sod. Since we needed to do some landscaping around the garage, now that the stucco has been finished, they decided to do it all.  Jeremy dug out quite a few areas and they started to spread the soil and re-sod the in the back, but when I walked across the front lawn I noticed quite a few smaller areas that needed attention.  Pointing them out to David lead to a bit of a discussion, and he quickly agreed that there was no way they could deal with it, and we would have to call in a landscaper to dig it out with a Bobcat and re-sod.  So, while they will finish the backyard, David is now in the process of trying to find someone to do the job.  Ka-a-aching!

The basement has been cleaned up, and yesterday my new computer table arrived.  There is still a bit of "mess", but they made a trip out to the dump today and got rid of the actual "crap", from both the basement and the yard.


The upper picture is the view from the bottom of the stairs, with the biggest difference being the entertainment center being gone. Instead, we now have my cute little computer desk beside the grids.  I had really wanted the little shelf on top to put my CD player on, but if I do that, there is nowhere to put my CD stacks.  As well, I want to get a small cork board to hang on the grid beside the computer desk.  I forgot to take a picture of the book shelves, where I have eight plastic tubs to hold all of my paints and gel mediums.  I'll try to do that tomorrow.  The best part of the small computer desk is that I will be able to sit on my rolling steno chair, which will be much more comfortable than the wooden kitchen chair, that I now use at the computer.  The desk is also small enough for me to put in the living room, should the day ever come, when the basement is out of reach for me.

So this evening we are vegging out again.  It is so cold that we have been talking about turning the furnace on, at least for a few minutes to warm the house while we have our showers tonight. It is the end of June isn't it, not the end of October?

No comments:

Post a Comment