Sunday, May 24, 2015

Only in Canada, eh?

Last Sunday we had weather warnings, freezing rain, ice pellets, snow and wind gusts over 90k. Today a forecast high of 28c. We have planted our garden seeds, but only yesterday.  The bedding plants are still coming in and out. Our bleeding heart was blooming last week,but the storm ended that.  We are hoping it will come back without being cut down but it doesn't look promising. Most of the iris's made it, but they were close to the house.  The flowers on them died though.  Lots of trees came down in the winds but Jim no longer has the lungs to go out and haul them out of the bush.  One of the Hutterite "boys" that used to help us is getting married the beginning of June so I don't think he will be around for a while.  It may be getting hot out, but Jim finished the last of the hamburger soup last week so I am making another triple batch today to freeze.  Chase the Ace went last night, but not to Jim.  $9000 to a local women that actually used to work at the legion.  She gave $500 back to the Legion to start off the next round and the legion is throwing in $500 so the pot will start at $1000 next Saturday.  Jim finally talked me into going to meat draw again (I have really been enjoying my evening by myself, reading and watching tv) and I won.  I took chicken thighs.  Jim had bbqed some just the day before and we had really enjoyed them and were going to pick some up when we went shopping on Saturday.  Unless I forget how to say "no" I have no upcoming commitments except for a couple of meetings.  All this free time. I guess I will have to clean the house now.  No excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment