Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Sorry to tell you,but........

...... there really is some cooler weather coming.  We've had our furnace on for the past few days, and the house almost cools down to the nighttime setting.  We are wearing jackets out again.  I wonder when summer will finally get here?  I remember a couple of years ago April and May were the hottest months of the year. 

Our rhubarb is flourishing, and one clump of Lady Slippers even has buds on it, but the Lily-of-the-Valley is barely 4 inches tall and not a flower in sight.  When  my friend arrived this afternoon, she commented on how  ratty and unkempt  our front flower bed looked.(not her words, but I know what she meant!)   Neither of us is able to get down to weed any more, and I'm not sure how to deal with it.

Today was the big day.  Scrub, scrub, scrub, out to buy tea dainties and coffee, etc.  I even got out the pillow shams and put them on, just in case someone glanced into the bedroom.  Well, one lady showed up.  We had a very pleasant visit, caught up with books we've read, and some general gossip.  This group was once quite large, but has diminished by attrition.  Now we really notice if even one member is missing.  But we've talked about it, and the ladies want to continue meeting. It does give me a pleasant afternoon out.  I even managed to get a couple more hexies sewn while we chatted, today.

Beth, I measured PePe.  He is 4" in diameter, but 6" across at the handle.  He is 4" tall.  Presently, they are standing on guard outside the nest, rather than in, but it would be much more pleasant for them to be inside, I'm sure.

By coincidence, I plan to get my hair cut tomorrow.  I usually go to a shop that takes walk-ins, and the woman who does my hair well, seems to only work Wednesdays.  I want to get it fairly short, as I don't want to have to be fussing with it, when I can't stand on my own.  By the same token, I have a pedicure scheduled for Friday.  That esthetician only works Tuesday and Friday, but isn't available next Tuesday, so it's the last chance to get it done.  No polish, of course.  Too bad, as I love my "Up By Noon" colour of polish.  It matches my favourite nightie.

And that's the nightie I'm wearing, as it's bedtime.  Sleep well everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment