Friday, May 8, 2015

Refreshed again by your stories....

Your stories about your adventures always perk me up and always so glad to see them on the blog just waiting for my attention!  I can picture your red laces flopping about on the black shoes as you strut about the house -what a great idea.  As a side note, I have also been amused lately by the Not Afraid of Colour blog. She surely has some tales to tell !
Yesterday we loaded the car again with plants and down again to Huntsville to drop them off at brother in laws. He had made an extra request "....would you please consider bringing more...."  After grazing through the garden centres looking for wave petunias, we had a quick lunch at Wendy's (maybe the highlight of my day haha) and then off to the Bracebridge Hospital to visit the old lady again- Mother of the friends in Sprucedale.  Actually had a nice visit by taking her outside and sitting under a gazebo for 1 1/2 hours. Thankfully she likes to talk so the conversation flowed fairly well. Still not sure if she really knows who we are but that doesn't matter. Her head was fairly clear for the most part talking correctly about her family etc but a few times she strayed off a bit! (don't we all???)
Once back home we had to make a push in the yard and worked out until about 7:30 pm. An egg salad sandwich each sufficed for supper once in the house.
The weekend is here and proves to be another great one weather wise so we should be able to really forge ahead with planting. I still don't have any of the garden ornaments and other stuff out from under the winter tarps but I'm sure that will come. I have looked at and touched my bike but that too will have to wait a bit.
Apparently the Hydro is not finished with the ground work and replacement of poles along our street. The man was here the other day pounding more stakes in at the front so I spoke with him.  He says they are digging up all along the front putting in more cables to set up a new transformer at end of road. So I was glad to hear this as I did not have time to clean up the front grass area of leaves etc and now I won't bother to worry about it and should not have to worry about mowing either if they will be working along there all summer.
Well, Mother's Day weekend is here and I send best wishes to all of you for what ever you are doing or being so honoured   Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment