Monday, May 4, 2015

we're home too

Always!

Art show is over, and I may have sold a couple of bookmarks.  At $2/ea, I won't be holding my breath waiting for the cheque.  But that wasn't really why I was there.  I received quite a few positive comments on my work, especially "Icarus' Dream".  I think the beading blew them away, as it sure couldn't have been the adherence to the principles of art!

It must feel great, Cathy, to know that the first hump is over.  I dreamed of you last night, so my subconscious, must have been tuned in to your stress.  I can't remember ever dreaming of you before.

We "bit the bullet", and went shopping today. That plastic is still smoking. A new pair of indoor shoes for me, along with a pair of slippers to take to the hospital.  David got himself a pair of boots..  He has been wearing an old air he bought, at least, 5 years ago.  He had replaced them with a cheap pair that never fit right, a couple of years ago.  You get what you pay for. 

 We had gone out with a bit of a list, and when at the shoe store, I spotted an art supply store across the street, where I found exactly what I was looking for, and much cheaper than it would have been had we gone to the "Big" art store.

And now we're home exhausted.  We have some stew from the batch we cooked Saturday, for supper, so that is under control, and i'm ready for a nap.  We have to be up before breakfast tomorrow, to be at Grace for 8:00 for my pre-admission visit, which will take most of the morning.  Then a sketching class in the afternoon. so that will be a busy day, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment