Thursday, August 27, 2015

A visitor

Spent most of the week puttering around home, but Tuesday, an acquaintance came over to see if she could find a certain type of bead to use in a hanging she is trying to finish by the end of the month.  We spent well over an hour playing with my beads.  She had a scale drawing of her piece--very complex.  It is her interpretation of a poem, that had been purposefully written for this exhibition.  Well, she didn't find the bead she was looking for, I was able to tell her where she might look for it--Dollarama. I had several very similar ones, but she wanted a specific colour.  She did, however, find a metal belt buckle that looks as though it might become somewhat of a focal point to her hanging.

Then, yesterday, my friend Gail came over.  She was running late and didn't get here until almost 5:00, so stayed for supper.  It's been a long time since we've had anyone visit, and even longer since anyone shared a meal with us.

Today was grocery shopping.  The list was quite short, with us having done a bit of shopping every week in August.   We did buy a few things that weren't on the list, but that's okay, we still did well, in my opinion.  We even bought David a couple of pair of new jeans--Hurrah!!

There is still a little shopping to do tomorrow.  Before we went out, I checked all of the flyers in the paper, for things that were on  the list, and found a couple.  I also need to go across town to buy some thread, and hope to be able to drive myself.

Yesterday, I actually got down to cleaning out and washing out the fridge--the nasty job that's been on my list for almost a week. (I wanted it done before shopping.) I approached it methodically, and according to my own pace, and it was accomplished fairly quickly.  Which just proves to me that the anticipation often outweighs the actually event, negatively as well as positively.  I had been dreading that job, but ended up being pleasantly surprised and how quickly it was done with minimal fuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment