Monday, August 24, 2015

You are so right...

We don't have something for awhile and then have it and realize how good it is. I have had a craving for blanc mange pudding. I even went to the shelf downstairs and brought up and opened a jar of apple jelly from last year. Now all I have to do is actually make the pudding. I ate the last of 6 butter tarts for supper tonight. Harry bought them at a bake sale on his Saturdays round of garage sales. Here's the rub though, even though I love butter tarts and he knows this (thus the desire to purchase for me), when he went to pay they cost $10.00 ( for the six) I had to eat them at that price haha!
Spent most of the day throwing around boxes in the back room looking for a box of soapstone Harry bought about two years ago.. I found all sorts of stuff, but not the soapstone. Harry was sure it was in the back room. So now I may venture downstairs again tomorrow and see if they jump out at me. I heard from our friend Shirley who lives in Ingersoll in south western Ontario. They used to live across the street and she babysat the boys when I was working.. Apparently, she has been a victim of fraud at the hands of her son who is POA and who had withdrawn approximately $42,000 from her accounts over past year or so. She had an appointment with Bank Manager today and then the Lawyer right after that to try to sort it out. I feel for her as she is all alone now, and not in the best shape medically. This happens to people far too frequently - be sure your POAs can be trusted!!
Well, off to bed to read...then try to sleep. It does not come easy these days. I have made an appointment for my annual physical - Nov 18 at 0930 am. Wonder if she would give me something to help me sleep?? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment